Saturday, September 11, 2010

When the world stop turning

September 11, a day that will never be forgotten. There are many days in our history books when it seems world for a moment in time stop turning. Days like Pearl Harbor, D-day and Independence Day just some days that have gone down in our history books and some even make it to calendars as days of remembrance.

To me it seems that just about every generation has dealt with some major world event that has changed them in someway.

For me it is 9/11. I can remember that day clear as a bell. I remember what I was doing , what radio station I was listening to and where I was. I even remember what I was doing before the events happen. I won't go into details as to what I was doing on that day, because that is in other 9/11 blogs of previous years.

I didn't know anyone who died or was in the buildings on that day. But now 9 years later I run into people who had family members or they knew someone who died on that day.

I remember the first day after 9/11 how on one of the local radio station, the personality said that we should all put white ribbons on are car antenna. My dad thought that was a bad idea because it would be as if were surrendering the fight. So we never did that. Come to think about it, I don't recall anyone doing that. We put a flag sticker on our car instead.

Nine years later a lot has changed. The war is over. Even though to me the fight still goes on because there is still so much that is going on. Some that we may not even know or understand.

War is an ugly thing. But one thing is for sure. Our colors don't run. The stand tall and remain true and faithful.

I am proud to be in American! I will never forget those that die for our country and those of 9/11.

So today on 9/11 the world keeps turning. It may have stopped for a moment that day, but we keep on going on today.

No comments: