Saturday, September 4, 2010

the Duggar Bunch

I typically try to post things here that are happening in John and I life (and before I was married I had put things that were happening in my life.) Which I still intend to do. But I want to get something off my chest. I know the internet is filled with peoples opinions, bias and thoughts of them. But when it comes to something I care about then its time for me to take a stand.

Over the last 3 years or so I have watch a show call, 19 kids and counting. (I think when it first aired it was 16 kids and counting). I like this show because the family is humble, they treat others with respect, they are very loving and they are normal Homeschoolers.

Now, before you bash on homeschooling. Let me say this, Homeschooling is not for everyone. It was something that I did and I am proud to call myself a Homeschooler. Public Education is not for everyone and just because you are Homeschooled doesnt mean that you live your life in a box or you have poor social skills. That is why there are numberous Homeschool groups were familys get togather and do activities all the way from dance, to boy and girl scouts, to art, to pinics and much, much more. The Duggar family goes and sees other Homeschoolers, they get out and do things. That is what makes a 'normal Homeschooler'. Now with that thought a side. Let's get back to the main point of my topic.

There is fanpage on facebook that is for fans of the Duggers show, 19 kids and counting, of which I am a fan of. Recently their have been what I call Dugger Smashers. Who speak neagtive of the Duggars and say mean things about them.

Such as, "haven't you ever heard of a condom" or that they really don't have 19 children, or most recently, "your body is not a clown car" comments that I find very offensive. Because for one no ones has the right to tell you what form of protection to use or if to use any and second no one has the right to tell someone how many kids to have or not to have.

For those who knew of the show in it's early years, the Duggars actually lived in a small house with 3 0r 4 bedrooms I think and one bath room. They started from humble beginnings and still are very humble and giving people.

There are enough shows about sex and violence on TV right now so what is wrong with good family TV.(like the Brady Bunch). I personally admire the Duggar family in all they do. The truely show us what family is about and that you can still live in the world and not of it.

Those kids are very lucky, they are well cared for and always have someone to go and talk to, play with and even learn from.

I just wish people would not post slander, state mean things or untrue things. Just because someone is different or has a different family value does not mean you have to post mean things. The purpose of a fan site is for fans to get togather, talk about the show or share thoughts about it(good ones).

I also understand that everyone has a right to their own opinion and freedom of speech here in America. And I am all for that and I support that. But there comes a point when certain things just should not be said and should just be kept to yourself , to your own blog or page.

I am proud to be a Duggar Fan. Their show makes me smile.

I am sorry if this post has offended anyone. But I had to get off of my chest.

1 comment:

A.Roddy said...

I don't bash them, just tell the truth based on all the research. TV only shows you what the want you to see. If you observe from the early specials, most beliefs have been watered down. This shows some of their ways don't exactly win over the public. I'm not saying you aren't free to choose your religion. It is extremes that concern some of us. Sometimes choices come to the point of playing Russian roulette with your life or start to impact others. None of us are indestructible. I do agree the clown car comments are not needed.