Sunday, April 6, 2008

Another Death Yet To Come.... and a story about Alan Jackson!

So, my aunt in GA calls me and tells me that my great-grandmother took another turn for the worst. I was basically told that she was going to die this week. The hospice nurse said that her organ systems are shuting down. My great-grandma(mawma) is not eatting or drinking. When she is awake she very agitated(sp?) when she is awake and she apperently is calling my Uncle, pawpa, which is what she called her dad. She 98 years old and she lost her husband in January of 2000, I think* Shes lived a long good life and its her time.

I am okay with her death... well I say that right now.. we will have to see when I get the final word about it. But apperently my family in Texas is making the trip to GA to attend the funeral and my sister Lindesy wants to sing at it. My Uncle in Texas as alreaedy made the trip their... me I am at school I have a busy next few weeks to worry about with school, finals, and getting my associates... I've got like 4 weeks of school left. Can't mess up now...

But this does lead me to bring up of something of interest to me: it seems like every semeseter I have had to deal with some crisis in my own life just about every semester since I have been here. Yes, I can handle it and it will make me a better person in the end, but I can't help but wonder is all....

So when my mom was a teenager in high school her and her best friend went on vaction with Alan Jackon before he became famous. My mom's best friend Lisa, ran in to KJ( my mom's sister) at the grocery store and told her this. Yet, she has no memory of this little adventure. She thought it was another Alan.. but it was the real AJ. They all grew up in the town of Newton, Georgia. And apperently they had dinner togather.... Oh, brother.. I think I need a break from life... anyone wanna go with me?

No comments: