Sunday, April 20, 2008

Get Your Facts Straight!

In the recent news of the nation the main story is about the events in Texas with the Fundalimentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. First I must make something VERY CLEAR they are in no means associated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints, (better no as the Mormons). The FLDS are NOT Mormons, despit what the mass media is trying to say. To learn more about the churches stances on this please go to this link: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jspvgnextoid=bbd508f54922d010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&index=16&sourceId=9887ec6f164b2110VgnVCM100000176f620a____The

LDS church no longer practices polygamy, it was practice for around 50 years in the 1800's. But is no longer in practice. At the time it was, members of the church were being kick out of their homes at gun point, their husbends tar and feathered.(not reality to polygamy). It was put into practice when they went to Utah, at that time in history women had no rights and they had to get to Utah and that is why it was done. If you wish to learn more on this subject please go to the following link http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bbd508f54922d010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=9887ec6f164b2110VgnVCM100000176f620a____

The main reason for blog this evening is due to someone's comment about an editoral written by someone at my college. That Article can be found here: http://thevoice.uamont.edu/5-20/op-ed/polygamist, comments about this story can be found here: http://community.livejournal.com/uam/17764.html. I was greatly offend at the comment that was made in comment to the annyomus person' choice of use of sites. The person claimed that the LDS.org site is not always accurate. I beg to differ. I know with out a shout of a doubt that is the most accurate information about the LDS religion and our belifs and practices. Every good journalist knows that Wikipiedia is not a place to go for accurate information. In my mind he had no right what so ever to say that, the site is not accurate. And I am hurt that he would say something like that. He stated that he could prove it, but I know that is not possible.

Living in the south is hard enough being LDS, but at the same time, its worth every second of it because there are so many chances to share the gospel and to set the example. I wish that when people wanted to know about the LDS faith that they would actually go to someone who is a memeber, ask a missionary, or go to the chruches website.

I love my faith and I would not change it for the life of me, I would die for my faith. I am proud to be a memeber of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is who I am and what makes me me. I wish people would think before they act.

No comments: