Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Let's Try Love Again

I was telling someone the other day, the only guys I have ever dated have been online. First there was Morris. I broke up with him, after 9 months of being togather) then came Derek, him and I started making plans to get married, but then he died after 2 1/2 months of dating. I stayed single for 10 months, that was till about 3 weeks ago, till I meet Arthur.

A nice, wonderful, guy who reminds me of Derek, he like myself, have been through some trouble spots in ours lives. So, I am gonna try this love thing, again. Let's see how it works this time, hopefully if all goes well, I can make it to the altar.

I don't think I could handle another break-up, or having to burry another fiance'. It's just to plan painful.

To those who think its too soon to be dating again. It's not, not for me at least. It is something I have prayed about. And I know that Derek wants me to move on and most importantly be happy. And getting married and starting a family, would be just that for me. I know I said, I would wait for him, but I think Derek wants me to go on with life, and going on with life means, going a head and getting married.

Today, as I was playing music from my compture, I cam across this song, called, Strangers Like Me, from the Diseny Movie Trazan.

Whatever you do,

I'll do it tooShow me everything

and tell me how

It all means something

And yet nothing to me I can see there's so much to learn

It's all so close and yet so far

I see myself as people see me

Oh, I just know there's something

bigger out thereI wanna know, can you show me

I wanna know about these

strangers like me

Tell me more, please show me

Something's familliar about these

stransgers like me

Every gesture, every moe

that she makes

Makes me feel like never before

Why do I have

This growing need to be beside her

Ooo, these emotions I never knew

Of some other world far beyond this place

Beyond the trees, aboe the clouds

I see before me a new horizon

I wanna know, can you show me

I wanna know about these strangers

like meTell me more, please show me

Something's familiar about these

strangers like me

Come with me now to see my world

Where there's beauty beyond your dreams

Can you feel the things I feel

Right now, with you

Take my hand

There's a world I need to know

I wanna know, can you show me

I wanna know about these strangers

like meTell me more, please show me

Something's familiar about these strangers

like me...

I wanna know

Okay, so why the song? Because, with this new realtionship, there is soo much to learn. Right now in a sense, both of our famlies are strangers to each other(that is till the meet each other). I know that if I take his hand, he can show me the way. He can show me beauty beyond my dreams. (Something I have dream about all to often) But I also know that inside we are the same.. that is human.

No comments: