Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gordon B. Hinkely



Head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints(the Mormons) passed away yesterday. He was 97 years old. He will be truely missed. I really thought that he would just live forever. I found out last night thru Arthur. It was very shocking to me, and of course I phoned people from church, my parents and my uncle to pass the word to them. Oh, my, my.

He was a dear old man, and at times reminded me of a Teddy Bear. He gave some much divine inspriation. Like the 6 Bees.( Like Be Greatful, Be Smart, Be Clean, Be True, Be Humble, Be Prayerful) I remember him coming to speak, when I lived in Knoxville. It was wounderful... When he came in everyone stood up at sang, "We Thank Thee Oh, God for a Prophet" It was really cool. I had to be about 10 years old then. I don't remember what he spoke on, i just remember being a few hundered feet away from him. A man with Great inspritation!

Then, last year in April 2007 I got to attend General Conference, in Salt Lake City, Utah boardcasted All Around The World (the bi-annually twice a year conference, where leaders of hte Church, give talks, ect.) I got to go to the Sunday Morning session, and it was a joy to be there, something very special to me. I got to hear him speak at that conference.
I know the Pres.Gordon B. Hinkley is in a better place and that he is now with his wife, who passed away about 3 years ago.

Now, let me makes something clear, for those that don't know what happens when the leader of the Mormon Church dies. It DOES NOT MEAN that are church stops being. We keep going.
I will have to say, that Hinkley will be one that I will remember the most, because I grew up learning from him. He got the church to get the temples over the 100 mark. Another blessing I am truely greatful for.

And for those thinking that there is no, such thing as having prophets or getting revaltion that all such things ended when Chirst died. You are wrong. Heavenly Father loves us so much, that he would still give us that blessing. He wants us to return to him. I believe and know to be true that Gordon B. Hinkley is a prophet, and I know that the next one, will to be called of God and will offer us many great blessings.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBIT_HINCKLEY?SITE=TXDAM&TEMPLATE=HOME.html&SECTION=HOME

No comments: