Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer and it's raining

Currently the weather outside is stormy, with rain, and thunder and perhaps some lighting. For the last 12 hours it has been raining straight, well amost. Last night the airport by my house reported winds of 51 miles per hour. My street had a couple of down tree branches but nothing to bad and the house still has power! At least for now the temptures are cool outside. That is one good thing about the rain it makes it cooler outside instead of being soo hot!

This Summer I am working at place called 5 Guys Burgers and Fries, in Dallas.(There are a lot of 5 Guys now spread across the USA.) It'sa great place to work. And I am also an EFY counserl this summer. I will be working as a camp counserl for three weeks this summe,(the weeks are ever other week starting next week). I go to my first session, in Denton, Texas next week! I am really exicted and I am almost done with my devontionals for the week.

Every sincce I went to EFY for my first time 10 years ago I have want to be an EFY counserl and now I have the opportunity. I am so grateful for this chance!

For those that have the summer itch to read a good book, I am half way through the 7th Harry Potter Book.( I speed read it when it first came out and now I am reading it again) I think it's better this time around. -- one day I will post some thoughts about this book when I finsh it.

Happy Summer, till next time!

2 comments:

Catie said...

Sounds like you are having a good summer. I wish we could come visit you; I've never been to Texas.

I can't figure out why your header doesn't fit right. Do you want me to make you a new one? If so, do you want pictures on it? Let me know and, if you want pictures, send me some pics.

Love ya

Catie

Becky Arrowood said...

Another 5 Guys! That is too funny. I'll have to tell Theo. We miss you and we are glad you are doing well. Good luck with EFY - that is so exciting!