Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Spiritual Bubble now spills out!

Greeting Fellow Blog readers!

I just got back from EFY (which stands for Espically For Youth) it is a church camp put on by CES (the Church Education System). The camp is for ages 14-15 and 16-18 years young men and young women. It run by memebers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Where I worked as a counserl, where I was over a group of 10 girls between the ages of 14-15 years old. They were a great group. I also had a co-counserl who was over the boys, he had 9 kids between the ages of 14-15. Togather we formed a company called "Stirth up" coming from a scriputer in the Book of Mormon.

At EFY there was around 320 kids, and about 20 counserols, some building counsorls, and cooridantiors.(Who helped ran the camp).

The youth attend classes(some counsrols went to classes too) went to dances, had game night, FHE (family home evening), gave and heard devontioals, sang hymns, touch by the spirit, ad grew spritual.

When ever I am at EFY I like to think of it as a Spirtual bubble, because you have people around you who believe the same things that you do and you are hearing messages that are meant for you and things that you can apply in your life, when you leave camp. The youth take something but also the counsorls take something from it as well.

I know I did. I feel so much stronger in my life. This week I recieved some answers I have been praying about and for that I am enterally grateful. I have things that I learned that I can apply in my life. And I get to go back for two more sessions.(Each week is known as a session).

Growing up I went as youth., in fact it was 10 years ago this summer that I first went to EFY. And now I am a counserol. I am grateful for the chance that I had serve, to teach, to get to know the youth. The were a blessing in my life.

This years theme is "Be Thou an Example" coming from a verse in 1 Timthoy.. I will have more about adventures at EFY and the spritual ness a bit later.

But that is my update for the week... and now that EFY is over and everyone has left, the spirtual bubble now ozzes out over the city, with stronger youth, youth (and even the counsorls and those that help at the camp) that will be an example, in the words that they say, in conversations that they have, in charity that they give, in spirt that they have, in faith they have, in purity that they will hold on too.

No comments: