Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lesson from EFY week 1

As I promised I will share with some of the things that I learned at EFY.

Seeing Thur the Lord's Mirror

Sunday night there was a Fireside(firesides are meetings usally handle on Sunday nights with one speaker and are on vairous topics.) Anyways, this fireside was given to the counsorls before the kids came, it was given by the session director Bro. Barker(the guy who was incharge basically for that week of EFY).

Bro.Barker said this in his experince with teaching and being a bishop he has heard some of the following. "They got married before I did..." "They finished school before I did...." "They got into that school and I didn't..." He then went on to say that it is not a competion to do those things.

The World makes it seems like that is a competion to do those things.
He then said, that the reason that its not a competion is because when you come before the Lord he will ask you Where have you been and where are you going? With the Lord there is no competion.


Brother Barker also used a scripture, from 1 Corinthians Chp 13:12, which states the following, "For now we see through a aglass, bdarkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. "

Which means that right the world and maybe even ourselfs see ourselfs through the world's mirror as not being upto par with them. But when we see the Lord face to face he will show us how he see us and not how the world sees us.

After hearing this it made me feel a little better about my own life's dealings.

EFY CHEER
Its a tradion at EFY to have a company cheer to shout when you are walking around and to use at the Cheer-off. Now for my first week at EFY, my group was known as Stirreth-Up. The girls and the guys helped created the cheer. For your reading pleasure I post it here. "Enternal bliss, Happiness, Stirreth-up the fun, BBQ sauce!" Our group for the 14-15 years old came in second for the cheer off. Later I will have to see if I can upload a video of it.

Morning Sides

Morning sides where a big devotional given by the session director to everyone at EFY. So all of the groups and the counserls all meet togather at the same time and heard a devotional. On one of the morning sides someone sang a song and this part stuck out the most to me... "Live in this World with a smile."-- its a good model to live by, because one smile can travel really fast to everyone!

Other Important Thoughts Learned

"Heavenly Father knows me and he NEEDs me! " "(Heavenly Father knows you and he NEEDS you!)"
"If we truely repeant then we become a new creature."
"if you stick it out then eventually you will succed"
"You never know what the Lrod has instore."
"it will be a happy ending if you just stick it out."
"The only thing you really can do for someone who has saved yourlife is to never forget it and to always remeber that.(I would like to add to that to never forget them)"

No comments: