Monday, December 22, 2008

Year End Review 2008


Year End Review 2008

Okay, so every year for the last 3 years or so, I give a break down of events through out the year as well as a summary from the pervious year.

2007 – I loose my best friend and fiancĂ© Derek and in turn I meet a wonderful family, the McGees and in many ways become part of their family. I also participate in the Martin Harris Pagent, in Utah. I had back to school in Arkansas for another fun filled semester.

January 2008-

I count down the New Year McGee Style. Brittany, Sarah, Josh, Catie, Betsy, Adam, Benjamin, Carla and Jimmy and I count down to the new year at Josh and Caties House. We play Apples to Apples and have lots of fun! (For those that haven’t guessed I spent the New Years as well as Christmas with my Utah Family.)

The month also makes of two events one meeting Derek a year ago via ldsmingle.com on December 31, 2006 (Jan. 1 2007) and of course Arthur on Jan.14 2008.(Don’t jump to conclusions just yet. I felt okay about moving on and that I should.)

February 2008-

I turn double 22! The kids I baby-sit for make me a brownie cake and we eat it and I get to blow out candles!

My hatered for V-day still stands!(Stupied commercial holiday!)


March 2008

We start the month off with a big snow storm… that covers the campus. Lots and Lots and Lots of snow… it happens on Friday and I am stuck inside for most of it because I am working on a project for one of my Journalism Classes. I did get to play in though and I took pictures.. I was glad I got my snow!

Spring Break Happens! Pam, Jazz and I make a road trip to Dallas! I become a tourist of my own town. We go to the Dallas Art Muesum, the Dallas Arbrium(which is some big flower garden) see and even stand were JFK was shot(they thought we were going to get killed because it’s a main road that’s still used today.) It was a fun road trip… and we all learn new driving styles… “Take a Pam, or Jazz or Brittany”

Lots of things happen this month. It makes one year since Derek died. My “sister-in-law” has a kid on Derek death day and Brittany M’s birthday his name is Daniel. ( I kinda knew this kid would come on this day).



April 2008

I try out for Mascot.

I loose my mind on hot April day and I decided to try out to be Around Campus Editor for the School News Paper. I get the job.

May 2008

I graduated with my associates from UAM!

I get the call to be Mascot!

I also go to the Dallas Temple with my mom’s ward youth.
And I head back for my Summer in Utah. Arthur and I meet for the first time. I stay with My cousins in SLC and have fun with them. It was a lot of fun! And I enjoy take Utah public transportion system.

June 2008

I work at the best burger joint in Utah, “Five Guys Burgers and Fries”

Oh, I get engaged.(date yet to be desided. Please do not ask any questions)

July 2008

I head to California for the McGees family reunion! I see the Gold Gate Bridge in person for the first time in my life and I swim in the Pacfic ocean and I learn that I need to set some new life goals as to places I want to see when I died. I also eat at a place call In-and-Out Burgers!

August 2008

I head back to Arkansas, this time my parents turn it to a road trip and help me move in.

Sept.2008

I attend my first football game as the Weevil! And we win our first football game.
School picks up full speed and I become very busy with school.

October 2008

Still busy with school.. ..

My parents and grandparents come to Homing for our football game and see me!

My friends and I present the Pork Chops and Applesauce Part 3.. Sally gets hitch!

November 2008

I present my topic in my history class, Mormons in Arkansas. In my research paper Press Forward Saints: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Arkansas. (It was rather interesting.. learned a lot of people are misinformed)

I spend the Holidays with Jazz for the Second Year in a row.

Black Friday happens… Jazz, Courtney, Megan, and I and two of Chesles friend go to Little Rock. Court and I share a sit all they way there.

I also give in and see the Movie Twlight and fall in love with it… and more so Edward Cullen. (I can’t believe I just said that)

December 2008

I head to Dallas to spend time with the family. I pass all my class with two B’s , two C’s and an A in journalism lab. I even pass Spanish with “B” I was really exicted. I pass a college level foreign language class.

I get my Driving Permit I am glad to have it. And I drive a few times in the month!(DO NOT SAY WHY DID YOU HAVE IT BEFORE OR WHY DON”T YOU HAVE YOUR LINECES(sp))

Looking back over the year I can see a lot has changed in my life and a lot more is to come. I had two close friends get married and another two get engaged. I learn more that I am still upset about Derek’s passing. I look forward to what the new year brings and the people that I will meet. 2008 been a good year and 2009 going to be even better.

To all my blog readers I will be seeing you in the New Year… best wishes to you and your families. Merry Christmas and Happy 2009


No comments: