Friday, December 12, 2008

Schools Out!

Well, another semester has drawn to a close. YAY! This semester I took, Histotograpghy(a class were history people learn to write history papers and how history people due reachsearch. I had to write a 12-15 page paper. My topic was "Press Forward Saints: The Church of Jesus Chirst of Latter-day Saints in Arkansas" I had a lot of fun with it, learned a lot and had to dummy it down stating some miss information that people had been told from other sources. My paper when I mad all my corrections was 14 and 1/2 pages long! Footnoted (The font was 12 pt. Time New Roman, double spaced.) I think that is the longest paper I have ever written since I have been in school). I am hopeing to prestent at a history conference this spring. :)!

My other classes were, Colonial America, Journalism Lab(where I wrote for the paper. To read any issue of the Voice, click the following link: http://thevoice.uamont.edu/archives. My articles for this issue are under Fall 2008). I also took a class on Africa in Islam. (That class was a lot of fun, learn a lot, study a lot). And I took Spanish I. Wow, talk about a lot of work. Some parts of Spanish are fun while other well, not so much. I can look at some words in Spanish an recoginze them, but telling you what they mean that another story. I learned over some 200 spanish words this semester. I got a "B" in Spanish, I was soo happy that I got that grade it made my day!

Now, let's talk about grades. I think, essay you right for class are judge by the teachers Bias. I went to class every day did everything I was suppose to and yet, in Colonial America my average was at 78 with my test (80 % of your final grade is test and 20% is comig to class, demanor, ect) If I did my caculations correctly it should have been a "B" but, whatever, I passed his class and that is all that matters! Now, my Africa Class, I probly deserved the grade I got, but everyone should have gotten that grade. I went to class every time. The only time I miss part of a class was the last class and that was because I had to go to a game to do my mascot duties. Everyone bomb the second test. And grades in there I think were bias, when it came to the class leadership dissicussion. Grrr! I don't know why I even bother.

So right now, my grade point adverage is a 2.33. I am a litte ticked about that. Because I wanted a 3.0. I transfered to this school with a GPA of 3.4. And then I had some bad semester, when Derek died and it seems that everything since then hasn't been super great. I work my tail off studying or a least attempting to study and understand this crap but it does'nt really work and that makes me mad. Why should I eveb bother.

I did find out that I am 9 hours away from a journalism major and 9 hours away from a History Major. I could double major, if I wanted to stay here until Spring 2010. (But, I really am not sure I want to do that.) Of course at the rate the eco. going getting a job for me fresh out of college is going to be what can I say a challenge? Because there not going to be any jobs to do. I suppose I can always go back to flipping burgers and serving fries. Which I don't have a problem with, I just want to do something with my life. I want to teach or help kids get through by being a counserl. That would be fun, I would love that!

Or maybe go be a radioolgisit(this however would require more schooling) of course if I go get my MAT that too would requrie more schooling. I am not so sure what I need to do.

Anyways, now I only have two more semesters left till I get my BA in history at the rate I am going now. And I should graduate Next December in 2009, shortly before Christmas.

Now, for my rant. The cleaning lady at my dorm, Ms.Mary, she smokes right outside my window and even with it closed smoke, still comes through my window cracks and fill up my room. It even fills up the hall way, because she smokes right by the door. The law here at least states that she is suppose to be 25 feet away from the any building. And she not the only one who does it, Students do it too. That's the one thing I hate is waking up to the smell of smoke and that is one thing that will wake me up.. its a nasty smell and makes my tummy upset. At least on Sept.1 2009, the campus here will go smoke free(*does a happy dance*)

Well, today is my last day at the dorm, tonight I head to Jazz house and then tommorw I fly to Dallas to go home for Christmas. Pam and I are planning to meet up at the airport and have lunch or something.We both happen to be leaving on the same day at the same time... hehehe that is pretty cool!!!

I am not sure how much blogging I will get done when I get home, because I don't have net access at my parents house.We will have to go to the libary and what not to do so...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and best wishes to you from me!

No comments: