Saturday, December 29, 2012

Year End Review 2012



2012 Year End Review -A tradition is something you do every year or at least something to the short. Many years ago I start what I call my Year End Review, a snap shot of highlights from the year, this is one of my traditions that I do as well.


January
John had a birthday. We tried to go to LegoLand at Grapevine. They tell us we can’t go unless we have a kid who is under 18 years old with us. L So we went to SeaLife instead and came back with our 2 year old niece!
I also place my first MaryKay order.

February
I had a birthday. Didn’t have any blog post for the month either., must have been a crazy month.
This month I was paying $3.58 for gas.
My parents also came from Florida to Texas to see Lindsey and me. In the family now we have a lot of February Birthdays both on my husband’s side and my side of the family.

March
John and I celebrated our 2 wedding anniversary. We took a couple days off from work and went to Medieval times and the rainforest café.
This month made 5 years since Derek died.

April
John and I go to Texas Motor Speed way to see the nascar race. It was a lot of fun. But there was not a single wreck
This month also brought serve weather to North Texas. We were under a tornado watch for a few hours. Some tornados even touch down in the area.

May
John passes College Algebra with a “C”!

June
I get called to serve on a petty crimes jury. I head to down and set in an office for close to 2 ½ hours while I wait with other to see if we are picked to go and be on a jury.  I wasn’t picked, no one was that afternoon. But it was a good day off.
John also accepts a new position at the bank. He works in printing off bank statements and getting them ready to be mailed.

July
We head off to Disney World and the beach in Florida; to see my parents of course.  We had fun at all the kingdoms, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epoct, and Hollywood Studios (MGM)!
While we are on vacation we learn about the Aurora, Colorado Movie Theater Shooting.  

August
John and I start trying to get pregnant.
I am still busy working at the chicken hut, the bank and the temple.

September
By the end of the month we lost our last hamster Skittles, Rollie had died back in July.

October
I head to John’s old ward’s for trunk or treat! It was awesome I even decorated my trunk it was fun to decorate it!
I also take part in a deep clean in the house. It still amazes me how much junk we just hold on to and have.

November
John and I start some Christmas shopping and I start getting the Christmas decoration out.
Hostess the maker of twinkies and other snack cakes closes it doors forever and stops production.  All of their products fly of the selves and become hard to find. My kids will never know of their yummy goodness!

December
Sad news hits our nation. Someone walks into an elementary school in Newtown, CT and shoots a classroom full of 6 and 7 year olds. 27- Children and teachers  and the shooters mom were among the dead.  This happened 11 days before Christmas.
My parents come from Florida to see my sister and me for Christmas.
My sister and I also head to Preston wood to see the Living Nativity Christmas Play
It also snows on Christmas!
We spend most of the month sick with colds and stomach bugs.
Gas its down to $2.99 a gallon!
and yes we are still "trying"

This year has been a busy one, full of family and friends.  2013 looks like its going to be just a grand!


No comments: