Sunday, December 16, 2012

On my mind

In the past week there has been two shootings. One at a Mall in Oregon and the school shooting in Connecticut,,, there have been countless others through out this year as well, like the one in Colorado Movie theater.

It's sad because each case was just normal people going about their day and someone took their life. It seems to be happening more and more often.

Now I don't fear death; I embrace it. I know where I am headed and I know it won't be scary. I know there will be smiling faces when I get where I am going.

The one that is on my mind most right now is the school shooting. From what I have learned is that someone walked into the school and shot them. The kids where between the ages of 6 and 7; some of the teachers also died that day too.

What I know is that because they(the children) had not reach the age of accountability they are headed to the celestial kingdom. The Lord dose have a plan for them and their families. My heart breaks still for their families because loosing someone so young and so unexpected is hard A death like that is horrible.

I think about those children that died and then I think about my kids that I teach at church. They are the same age as those that died. So young, hopefully and full of life. We can learn a lot from children.

I know that there is a reason for everything. Sometimes we don't know what the reason is, but one day we will know the reason.

I know there is nothing I can say or  that can bring back those sweet children and their teachers that died. I know there's nothing, expect prayer that I can do to make it better, to ease the healing.

What I do know is that grieving will take time. Those that have left will check in on you from time to time. When you least expected you'll feel them near. I know that right now they are with their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and learning from them.  He has a special mission for them.I have a special friend who on that same mission right now. One day many years from now they will greet you at heaven gate with arms out saying, "welcome home, Mom and Dad."

Families can be together forever.







No comments: