Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11.2011

It has been said that time heals all wounds. For some the wounds of today still run deep; other remember as if was yesterday. Hard to believe that it has been 10 years since the events of 9/11.

Since I have been blogging most years I have written about where I was and what I was doing on that day, too keep 9.11 memory alive. (As I did in the previous post for the week). But its not only there its in my jounrals as well.

The day has changed my life forever. I guess the first one that impacts me is the way I travel now. Going through airport security has changed. I can remember the days when unticketed people were allowed to follow you to the boarding area of the plan and wait with you there. Now since 9.11 that is no longer allowed. Going through the metal dectors now with out shoes. There's more pat downs. More people are aware of what is going on around them and no one is going to try take down the plan with out about 50 other passengers taking you down.


Ten yeas later there are memorials at Ground Zero, the Pentagon and the empty field in PA. All to serve as reminder of those that lost their lives, those that fought to save the lives of others and those on the flight that was head to White House who brought down the plane in PA. They will always be remembered. There stories will be told. Of the day when the World Stop Turning.


Think of 9/11 makes me think of another time our nation was under attack over 50 years ago; Pearl Harbor. There are those older than me that may remember the attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec.7th during World War 2. There too a memorial lies in memory of those that died.

No comments: