Monday, September 16, 2013

Birth of Tucker

So a lot of people are asking how did my birth with Tucker go? It actually went really well. Sunday 9-8-2013 I woke up early feeling okay, I made banana nut muffins for breakfast and took a shower/bath and took a nap till it was time to get ready for church. By then I had a horrid feeling a needing poop. Which I tried and tried. So I decided to just go and lay down and not go to church because I felt so constipated. I took another bath that afternoon in hopes that now the pain in my back would go away. It help for a little bit. I spent sometime google signs of labor but none of the symptoms seemed to match what I was feeling. I took some small naps through the day and by 630 p.m. i was in some pain like i hadn't felt before- like the world's worst period cramps ever. So I took another shower in hopes the hot water would help my back-- which didn't really help much at all.

John, by now suggest we just go to the hospital since I was in so much pain. Myself being stubborn gave in and decided to finally go.- that was around 7 p..m. I mean the worst they would tell me would be your not in Labor and just go home- we will see you in the morning for your induction.(I was already schedule for an induction at 9 a.m. on the 9-9-2013).

When they got me back to a room they told me I was 5 1/2 cm dilated already and I was in labor. So I guess all that I was feeling all day on Sunday was labor pains. They asked if I wanted an epidural and I said yes-I had thought I didn't want one but by then I was ready to have one and at least take away the period like pressure in my back.  The epidural really wasn't that bad and it didn't hurt like people say that it does. I was glad that I got it because it was able to help me relax enough.

John's parents came up and my friends from Chickflia came up and talk with us for awhile. And yeah, the Cowboy game was on.( I am just glad they won that night because it made it easier on me.) By 12:15 am I was ready to start pushing. I'll be honest pushing for me was hard because I would also tense up too. They ended up giving me some extra oxygen in order to help the baby.  But I got thru it. My doctor tryed using the vacuum but that didn't work and had to end up make small cuts and using forceps to get baby Tucker out- so by 2:46 a.m. Tucker made his way into the world.

It was pretty awesome seeing him for the first time. He didn't cry much when he was born he was just a calm little baby. I love the experience of the skin to skin contact with him when he was born that was a pretty special time and help me calm down some. The moved me to my room a few hours a later and by 5 a.m. I was in my room with little baby Tucker. Trying to sleep but I was so excited with all that had happened and trying to get used to nursing Tucker that sleep was at the end of my list of things to do.

Would I go through labor again? Sure why not. Hopefully i have a great doctor like I did with Tucker.(my current doctor is retiring from delivering babies at the end of the year. ) I would have to do it at the same hospital too, that was a great experience there too!

When will Tucker have a sibling? I don't know, when I am ready to take on that task. When the Lord says its time. For now I think I will enjoy my new adventure in to motherhood and enjoy my little one.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks a fabulous story! I am proud of you! I know you both are going to be great parents! Congratulations!