Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Everyone has different Christmas Traditions or holiday ones. One of my favorite traditions is getting PJs. Every year since I can remember I was a loud to pick one gift from under the tree, it was usually marked CE, for Christmas Eve. That was what the PJs were in. Some times they would be Christmasy others they were just fun. Now that I am married, I have decided to keep this traditions going because it's fun and something I can't wait to share with my kids when the time comes. That and it makes a great photo opt. to see the family in the PJs (makes it even better if they all look a like.)

Another tradition is my Bear Advent Ornaments. My mom made them many years ago. On the front of the bear is a number and the back has song or scripture(from the Bible/Book of Mormon) about Christ. I like this one because it's a great way to count down to Christmas and to remember that Christmas is about Christ and remembering what He did for us.

Other traditions including watching Christmas movies like, The Grinch, The Christmas Story(You'll Shot Your Eye Out), Charlie Brown, the Muppet Christmas Carol, the Nightmare before Christmas just to name a few.

Then there's the book the Polor Express! What a great book! It doesn't really seem like Christmas with out it.

Then there is painting that my grandmother painted almost 20 years ago. That hangs up every Christmas. Apperantly the story behind is that I carried on this chrismas card with the picture on it a lot so my grandmother(MeMe) painted for me. To this day it's one of my favorite pictures that I have. I still love to look at and pretend that I live in one of the house in the picture. (see the picture to the right)

When I was a kid and family was close by would all meet down at my Great-Grandmother Farm and celebrate and exchange gifts. And I usually convince my cousins to put on a skit, we usually did the night before christmas, and made all the adults watch it. It was a lot of fun planning and performing!

No comments: