Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October News

I firmly believe that the older you get the faster time flies. It's hard to believe that it's finally October. My favorite month out of the entire year! Mainly because it's the first time that in a long time that the year feels like fall.

This past weekend Texas got rain. This is a news worthy event because it has been along time since we got rain. And it rained for two straight days. Still not enough to bring us out of the drought. But it was so nice to see, listen too, and feel the rain; I had almost forgotten that's what rain did. I was very grateful for the rain it was an answer to prayers being said.

I was recently prompt at work, to a 75% SAS. Which means that I am only on the phone 75% of the time while the other I am helping with my team and other small projects.

John is doing okay in school. He's right on track for getting his associates degree soon. :)

Almost forgot to share this, Yesterday John and I along with some of his family all went to the state fair of Texas! It was a lot of fun! I had fried Bubble Gum, Fried Oreos, chocolate dip strawberries, corn dog and oh.. it was yummy! We even rode the big Texas Ferris Wheel! I had a blast! We did some other things there too, like ride the ski lift, thebig long slides, looked at the car show.

Parking was crazy at the fair and unlike Disney World they need to work on their crowd control of moving people around the fair. But over all it was a good day at the fair.

I really have been enjoying working in the temple. It's such a great blessing! And it brings so much joy to me. Simply by serving I am learning such much about Heavenly Father's Plan for me and us. I am happy to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints! It's a blessing in my life!

No comments: