Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Frog and the Pricess (Weevil) A Proposal Story




Homecoming 2009. Before the game, mid-morning. The Weevil(I) am walking around waving to fans and taking pictures with people around Weevil Pound(across from the football stadium). Towards the end of the pre-game events, the Weezie (the weevil, that’s me) hang around the cheerleaders and talking to my mom. Seeing if she got my lunch so I could eat before the game started.

A few minutes Steve(he works at the school and is well-known among many people) drove a green looking thing up to where the cheerleaders and I were standing. At first when I saw this I thought they had gotten out the old weevil suit, then I saw that it was a frog with a crown and speter and I thought, am I suppose to attack this frog.(Like Weezie did in the KGB commercial). Then Steve said that we(the cheerleaders and I needed to turn this frog into a prince and that we need to take turns trying to kiss him) So some of the cheerleaders tried to kiss the frog, that didn’t work, the weevil tried and that didn’t work and Steve said let’s take Weezie’s head off and try that. So they took off my head and I kissed the Frog. The frog started shaking and then the frog took off his head. And it was JOHN! I was soo shock and happy to see him there. And then he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him!

I said yes!

So kissing frogs really can turn them into princes!

I was pretty surprised that it happened. I am really excited though!

After the football game, my mom, his mom, John and I went to the River to eat and had a toast!


It was all so wonderful!

We are getting married March 13, 2010 at the Dallas, Temple. A reception will be held later that night at the church.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Brittany-
What a great story! Congratulations! We need to hear more about him. We are so happy for you. Love Scott and Becky