Friday, September 5, 2008

Baby-Sitting Adventures

Tonight at babysitting was rather adventures. I love the kids the kids I watch, they know just how to make me smile. But tonight, when Jesse(4) and Levi(6 1/2) were playing outside with their neighbor Parker, they found a dead bird. And before I could get outside to check on them, Levi had nailed a dead bird to a tree. Actually it was his wing. I asked him why he did that and he said that he thought that it looked cool! Jesse ended up knocking it down with a stick. Then their neighbor wanted got the idea to burry it.

Apperantly, a while back there was a bird that died and they buried on one side of the yard it was a brown or black bird. I said, we should burry that one on that side. Levi said that they couldn't because this new dead bird was blue and yellow and it could be on the same side as that one. So we burried near the tree where it was nailed too.

The kids, dug a whole with a hammer and a shovel. They use the hammer to put the bird on a piece of wood and threw it in the ground and covered it in the ground. Then they wanted to mark it so we put a stick in the ground.

Then they wanted to dig up the 1st dead bird from a while back... I explained to them that it would just be bones, and they were like but birds have feathers...

Kids' dont they do the darnest things?

Oh I did make them washed there hands really well and we even had a pretend campout with a pretend campfire and sung songs and I had lots of fun tonight!

No comments: