Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Map is Done!

Do you remember when the Mint began issuing state quarters, back in 1999? Well I do. I remember being so excited when a new one was issued, I would take it home and put it in my map. There were times that I thought my collection would never be finished.

I typically am not one to collect coins but when the state quarters came out I thought it was a good collection to start and one that I could show my kids one day and maybe even use when I become a teacher.( I am a big history buff).

Last week, I finally finished the map. Yes I know that that the Mint finished issueing them in 2008. It just took me a little bit longer to get them. But it was worth it. I didn't really go hunting for them, just when I came across quarters I looked for the ones that I needed.

Picture captions: (Above) Brittany Dean proudly shows how her State Quarters Collection map. The collection took her over 10 years to complete.

(Below) Starfish poses by the State quartes map for a better view of the collections.

No comments: